Summary of work:
The MBA Student Engagement Events Manager creates, executes and manages a seamless student experience for MBA students enrolled throughout the year. In particular, the position is independently involved in planning and managing student events, sorting student issues and assisting in the conduct of events. This is a front-line, highly visible role that will have significant interaction with faculty and students during Executive MBA classes in Charlotte, primarily on Friday and Monday evenings. This role will work in a matrix structure, interacting directly with students, faculty and staff at all levels.
The MBA Events Manager of Student Engagement reports directly to the Senior Associate Director of Student Engagement and maintains critical contact with Executive MBA students, specifically Executive MBA students in Charlotte. This position is responsible for collaborating on key working relationships with business school, partnership and campus stakeholders. While the key goals and projects of this role evolve based on programmatic requirements and the overall needs of the MBA community.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience:
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Occasional travel
• Ability to manage multiple competing time-sensitive priorities
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to anticipate problems and needs
• Good familiarity with project management methodology and documentation
• Demonstrated ability to organize information from multiple sources
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proven ability to solve problems creatively
• Exceptional written communication skills for program communication and website updates
• A collaborative approach to working across departments to achieve goals