Pakistan will square off against England in the 3rd T20I after thrashing the English team in the 2nd T20I and leveling the 7-match series 1-1.
PAK vs ENG: Match Details
- Date – Friday, September 23, 2022
- Time – 08:00 PM IST
- Venue – National Stadium, Karachi
PAK vs ENG: Match Preview:
After a dismal performance while batting first in the first T20I, the strength of Pakistan’s batting – the openers, came out all guns blazing in the 2nd T20I as Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan comfortably chased down a 200-run target without losing their wicket, registering a thumping win over the English side. Skipper Babar snapped into form as the smacked 110* runs off 66 balls with 11 fours & 5 sixes while Mohammad Rizwan scored an unbeaten 88 runs off 51 balls with 5 fours & 4 sixes. The openers would look to continue their form from the previous day and help Pakistan attain a lead in the 7-match series.
The bowlers did pretty well in halting top-order batters to a relatively lower score. Shahnawaz Dahani and Haris Rauf picked up 2 wickets each while spinner Mohammad Nawaz managed 1 wicket. However, English captain Moeen Ali’s storm at the back end powered England to 199 runs.
After England openers Phil Salt and Alex Hales contributed with 30 and 26 runs respectively, #3 Dawid Malan was dismissed for a golden duck. Ben Duckett then smacked 43 runs off 22 balls while England’s batting hero from the first match, Harry Brook also contributed with 31 runs off 19 balls. However, skipper Moeen Ali smacked an unbeaten 55 runs off 23 balls which ultimately powered England to 199/5 in 20 overs.
The bowling was thrashed all around the park in the 2nd T20I by Babar and Rizwan as almost all the bowlers conceded runs at an economy of more than 11. Liam Dawson and Sam Curran were the only comparatively economical bowlers, conceding 26 and 29 runs in 4 overs each. The English bowlers would look to dismiss the openers early on and expose the Pakistan batting as they did in the 1st T20I.
Match Prediction: Today’s Match Prediction? PAK vs ENG
Pakistan registered a thumping win against England in the 2nd T20I and would start as favorites to win the 3rd T20I and take a 2-1 lead in the 7-match series.
PAK vs ENG Head-to-Head:
- Total – 20
- Pakistan – 06
- England – 13
- No Result – 01
PAK vs ENG Team News:
- Pakistan – The hosts are expected to play with the same winning combination.
- England – Jos Buttler was rested for the first two T20Is and it is unclear whether he’ll be playing in the 3rd T20I. Moeen Ali hinted that England can make a couple of changes and it’d be interesting to see what those might be.
PAK vs ENG Probable Playing XI:
- Pakistan – Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Babar Azam (c), Haider Ali, Shan Masood, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Nawaz, Usman Qadir, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain, Shahnawaz Dahani
- England – Philip Salt (wk), Alex Hales, Dawid Malan, Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali (c), Sam Curran, David Willey/Richard Gleeson, Luke Wood, Liam Dawson, Adil Rashid
Also Read: Live Cricket Scorecard
PAK vs ENG Fantasy XI:
- Wicket-keeper – Mohammad Rizwan
- batters – Babar Azam, Alex Hales, Harry Brook
- All-rounders – Sam Curran, Moeen Ali, Mohammad Nawaz
- Bowlers – Luke Wood, Haris Rauf, Adil Rashid, Shahnawaz Dahani
Win Big, Make Your Cricket Prediction Now