Paul Pelosi was released from the hospital


Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who was attacked with a hammer during a home invasion last week, was released Thursday from a San Francisco-area hospital, the speaker’s office said in a statement.

Pelosi, 82, has been hospitalized since the attack on the morning of October 28. Last week he underwent surgery to repair a skull fracture and “severe injuries to his right arm and hands” and is expected to make a full recovery. According to the speaker’s office.

The statement said Thursday that Paul Pelosi is at home and “remains under the care of doctors as he continues his long recovery.”

“The Pelosi family is grateful for the outpouring of love, support and prayers from around the world,” the statement said.

What we know about Paul Pelosi’s attack and what we suspect of David DePape

The family thanked first responders and the staff at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital.

David Wayne DePape, 42, faces multiple state and federal charges related to the attack on Paul Pelosi, including attempted murder, attempted kidnapping and assault with a deadly weapon. De Pape told police he was on a “suicide mission” and had a target list of state and federal politicians in an effort to combat “lies” coming out of Washington, prosecutors said in court documents.

Another hearing in De Pape’s state case is scheduled for Friday, but he has waived his right to appear, according to his public defender, and will not be expected in court.

San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins was searching for the House speaker when he entered DePape’s home in San Francisco’s tony Pacific Heights neighborhood. His cry was, “Where’s Nancy?” Echo the chant of the Speaker’s supporters during the attack on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

The incident sparked informal discussions among lawmakers about the appropriate level of security for themselves and their loved ones. Pelosi is second only to the presidency.

Capitol police installed cameras around Pelosi’s home eight years ago, the Washington Post reported, but officers tasked with monitoring the 1,800 cameras surveyed the Capitol and noticed only Pelosi’s home when they saw police responding.

After Pelosi returned to Washington from San Francisco last week, most of her security detail left her home, The Post reported.

DePape entered the home by breaking a glass door with a hammer, investigators said.

Police said Pelosi called 911 and asked to use the bathroom.

When officers arrived, they saw the men struggling for a hammer. San Francisco Police Chief William Scott said both men told them to drop the hammer.

Court filings detail what DePape told San Francisco police detectives in a recorded interview with DePape. Investigators said Pelosi was the “leader of the pack of lies told by the Democratic Party” and told them he planned to arrest her and break her knee if she lied to him. Congress were results for action.

CNN first reported Paul Pelosi’s release from the hospital.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button