ESA internship opportunities for 2023 published! Opportunities are open for one month and positions are available in engineering, science, IT, natural/social sciences, business and administrative services. This is your chance to start your space experience!
Browse this year’s opportunities directly on our hiring website. Create your candidate profile, upload your CV and add a cover letter to apply.
To be eligible to apply for an ESA internship, you must meet the following criteria:
- A student, preferably in the final or penultimate year of a university course at Master’s level.
- Citizen of one of the following ESA member states: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Great Britain. Citizens of Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia as Associate Members or Canada as Cooperating States may apply, as well as citizens of Bulgaria and Cyprus as European Cooperating States.
Our tips for applying
To make your application as reliable as possible, we suggest the following steps:
- Carefully read the various possibilities and choose the opportunity that most interests you and best matches your academic background and aspirations. You can apply for a maximum of two internship opportunities, but there is no limit to the topic selection in each internship opportunity.
- Share your motivation, interests and enthusiasm in your cover letter, but keep it clear and concise.
- Please answer the questions on the application form carefully: they are important for us to learn more about your profile and experience.
- November 2022: Publication of internship opportunities.
- December 2022 – January 2023: shortlisting and selection of candidates.
- February 2023: the earliest possible start date for internships. The starting date of the internship is flexible (from February to October of the same year) and can be decided by mutual agreement with the teacher. It should be noted that the internship lasts from three to six months, and you must be enrolled at the university for the entire duration of the internship.
What does the Student Internship Program at ESA offer? How is the selection process?
Check out our Student Internships page for more information, including internship terms and conditions, and visit our FAQ page to find answers to your most common queries.
Good luck with your application!